Breast Lift Houston
Breast Lift is one of the most common procedures performed by Dr. Paul Gill. Many women desiring rejuvenation of their breast in Houston, The Woodlands, and Conroe, due to the effects of pregnancy, weight loss, and aging. In considering a breast lift, Dr. Gill wants to optimize size shape and symmetry, but require an incision to perform the procedure. We assess the breast based on a careful measurement system the measurements include:
- The distance from the nipple to the sternal notch
- The distance from the nipple to the inframammary fold/crease
- The relationship of the nipple to the inframammary fold in profile.
Dr. Gill, Thank you for all that you have done for me. Never in a million years did I ever think I could feel and look this great! Thanks to you my lifelong dream has come true. I don’t cringe in front of the mirror anymore. I love what I see and I plan on keeping my new body in tip top shape. I love the fact that I can wear cute clothes, sundresses and spaghetti strap shirts. Clothes I could never wear before. I just wanted to let you know you have profoundly changed my life in so many ways. Thank you for making me the luckiest girl in the world!
Individual results may vary
Based on these measurements Dr. Gill will determine the type of breast lift to achieve the best result.
- Peri-areolar or ‘Donut’ Breast Lift: if a patient requires two centimeters or less of nipple lift, Dr. Gill can perform a donut or circumareolar breast lift. The areola can be reduced in size by removing a donut shaped area of skin.
Individual results may vary
- Circumvertical or ‘Lollipop’ Breast Lift: If a patient needs anywhere from two to six centimeters of nipple lift, Dr. Gill perform a lollipop or circumvertical breast lift. This involves making the incision around the areola and a vertical incision from the nipple to the fold/crease of the breast. We also do parenchymal/breast tissue reshaping with this procedure to help take the weight of the breast tissue off of the skin. This will allow for a more aesthetically pleasing and longer-lasting result.
- Wise Pattern or ‘Anchor’ Breast Lift: If a patient needs more than six centimeters of nipple lift, Dr. Gill then perform a wise pattern or anchor incision breast lift. This allows us to remove redundant skin from both the horizontal and vertical vectors. The incision is around the areola, then vertically from the nipple to the fold, and also within the inframammary fold or breast crease. We also perform reshaping of the breast parenchyma or fatty tissue, such that we have a longer-lasting result. This also helps to take the weight of the breast tissue off the underlying skin. This method is commonly performed with our auto augmentation technique. This is a wonderful technique which allows us to reshape the breast and create upper pole fullness and cleavage, similar to a breast implant, utilizing one’s own tissue without the need for an implant.
The Breast Lift recovery timeline:
- Pre-op testing: If the breast lift is a procedure you desire to have performed we always begin by ordering lab work and obtaining any necessary pre-operative clearances. We also recommend a screening mammogram within one year of the procedure if you are of breast cancer screening page.
- Pre-op Visit: We will typically meet within a week prior to surgery for an official preoperative visit. This is a good time to bring a friend or family member who will be helping take care of you. At this visit, we will review your pre/postop care instructions, review the procedure in detail in terms of recovery/risk, and give you your prescriptions.
- Surgery Day: We will then see you the morning of surgery. Usually Dr. Gill will arrive 20 minutes prior to your procedure to perform your breast markings. This is an opportunity to discuss any questions at this point. The procedure typically takes anywhere from one hour to three hours, depending on the amount of lift necessary and whether a breast implant will be used. After surgery, you will have absorbable sutures, a clear sterile bandage/glue to provide a watertight seal to your incision, soft gauze, and a bra.
- Postoperative Care: This procedure can be performed as an outpatient surgery and Dr. Gill will usually see you back in the office in 5-7 days to check your incision and monitor your swelling or bruising. Most patients are sore and require medication for pain up to 5 to 7 days. Our goal is by one week, to have the patient off pain medication and able to perform desk work activities with return to a desk job. You will see Dr. Gill at a one-week visit to assess your overall incision progress and then a three-week visit at which point the majority of swelling is gone. A third postoperative visit is usually scheduled at six weeks and this is a visit where the skin has regained much of its strength, and we will take her early postoperative photos. We then like to see our patients back every three months for one year to allow us to follow the skin incisions carefully and optimize our long-term result.
Dr. Gill always recommend a strong support bra to help maintain the integrity and strength of the result. We also strongly believe in keeping the skin well moisturize with a ceramide based lotion, along with sunscreen to minimize skin damage, and excellent nutrition. With careful follow-up, breast lift surgery by Dr. Gill can offer nice natural long-lasting results with a high level of patient satisfaction.